Saturday, August 16, 2008

HOT 100 -- Tuscaloosa, AL








WOW WHAT A DAY!

We left the house before 5 A.M. this morning headed to the Hot 100 in T-Town. Brian, Greg, Dave, Matt and myself rode today. Greg and Dave went 46 miles while Matt, Brian and myself went 34 miles. I averaged 17 mph which is my highest average on a ride of substantial distance. Also on this trip were my wife Melody and Brian's son Brandon. They both worked as volunteers at the first and last rest top. Thank You. Now the ride was interesting. It was my longest distance to date and my calves are now making me aware of it. NOTE(I should have taken advantage of the free massage at the end of the ride like Dave and Brian did.) There was one hill (DRY CREEK) that was brutal for a newbie like me. Greg and Dave went up it like mountain goats. The Hot 100 was a very well organized event and the people were very nice. The freebies were cool. I like the t shirt. Wow this day was awesome and I can't wait to come back next year.
PHOTO LINK http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/MichaelHayes/DCBC%20STUFF/Hot%20Hundred%20History/Hot%20Hundred%202008/

1 comment:

Neal said...

great pictures! I hate i had to miss it but i won't miss the next one! Proud of you man...17 mph! Awesome!