Wednesday, August 20, 2008

8/19/2008 Botanical Ride

Wow yesterday's ride was excellent. 17.97 miles with an average speed of 14.4 mph. I managed to make the 1st red light but got caught by the next 2. With that in mind I thought the rest of the group was right behind me but I was wrong. They got hung up at the 1st light twice and apparently I got way ahead. I saw Kev by the country club and then I lost sight of them at the red light @ Euclid and Montevallo. Greg caught up with me in the neighborhood that leads into the Eastwood Mall. I made it to the turn around point for the out and back and decided to wait on Matt and Neal there. Neal said he was "spent", "toast", something to that effect..LOL. We rode the reverse route back and it was fun. Matt and Neal blew by me one time when I got a little ahead of them. It was funny because I couln't respond in the gear I was in at all. Hope to ride again this week. Till then..Ride Safe.

2 comments:

j2d said...

Nice "cop-out" in the wrong gear...sure. You just knew you couldn't keep up!
:p

Neal said...

that ride back was awesome....good deal!